Chicken & Egg Fried Rice
This is a favourite with my family and it’s quick & easy. You can substitute any other vegetables you may like.
Anna, customer of Gleeson Butchers
- 3 tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 4 chicken fillets, diced
- 150g frozen peas
- 150g sweetcorn (frozen or tinned)
- ½ red pepper, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 800g cooked rice
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a wok and add the chicken.
2. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes stirring regularly, until it is cooked through.
3. Add all the vegetables and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
4. Add the rice, mix well to combine and heat through.
5. In a small frying pan cook the egg for 2 minutes until solid, cut into small pieces and mix through the rice.
6. Add the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and stir. Serve immediately.