Parma Wrapped Pork Steak
This is a delicious recipe for pork fillet, easy enough for a midweek dinner or fancy enough for a dinner party!
The Parma ham keeps the pork moist and it looks great when sliced to serve. As an alternative wrap a stuffed pork steak in parma ham instead of using pesto.
- 3-4 slices of Parma ham
- 1 pork steak fillets
- 1 large teaspoon good quality pesto
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Lay 3 or 4 slices of Parma ham side by side on a board, slightly overlapping and place the pork fillet on top.
- Using a sharp knife make a slit down the length of the pork about an inch deep. Spread the pesto along the length of the opening.
- Lift the ham slices at one end and wrap over pork, roll until the pork is completely wrapped in the ham.
- Wrap the fillet in tin foil, place on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes; uncover for the last 5 minutes of the cooking time.
- Cut the pork into inch thick slices and serve with apple sauce, potatoes and vegetables of your choice.