Mia’s Italian Style Chicken
Recipe shared by Mia Williams, a customer of Gleeson Butchers
- Chicken breasts
- Parma ham
- Philadelphia (or other cream cheese)
- Garlic, minced
- Basil, fresh and chopped
- Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Spices, salt & pepper
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven (around 180 degrees Celsius).
- Tenderise chicken.
- Cut pockets into each chicken breast.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Place a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each of the chicken pockets.
- Wrap a slice of Parma ham around each chicken breast and secure with a toothpick.
- Place them onto a baking tray and into the oven for around 25-30 minutes.
- These can also be pan fried by adding a drop of oil (olive or sunflower) and cooking on medium heat.
- These go great with salad, potatoes, or my personal favourite; sweet potato wedges!