Grainne’s Cheesy Meatballs
Recipe shared by Grainne, a customer of Gleeson Butchers Roselawn
- 500g minced beef or lamb
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
- A little flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Philadelphia cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Fry the chopped onions and garlic in some olive oil until soft.
- Mix the meat, breadcrumbs,egg and tomato puree.
- Add in the cooked onions and garlic and mix in the cheese.
- Make into round balls, placing a cube of cheese into the middle of the meatball and roll in some flour.
- Place in an ovenproof dish with some olive oil and cook at 200C for about 45 minutes.
- To cook the cheese sauce melt the butter in a small pot and stir in the corn starch.
- Pour in the milk and add the Philadelphia and stir until thick.
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour into a dipping dish and serve with nachos and meatballs.
- Decorate with some cherry tomatoes.