Chicken and Mozzarella Pasta Bake
The whole family will love this simple to prepare dish. If you wish you could spice it up by adding a chilli.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 4 skinless chicken fillets, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablesp. olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250mls stock or water
- 2 tablesp. tomato purée
- 2 tablesp. crème fraiche
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 tablesp. chopped fresh basil, plus leaves to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300g pasta –penne, macaroni, tagliatelle or linguini
- 125g mozzarella cheese, chopped
- Basil leaves
- Baby kale salad
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about for 5 minutes until just softened. Turn up the heat, add a little more oil and then add the chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned all over.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, water, tomato purée, crème fraiche, sugar and basil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer gently, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the chicken and tomato sauce. Transfer to a shallow heatproof dish and sprinkle over the chopped mozzarella. Place under the grill until the cheese is golden and bubbling – this should take about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve with a baby kale salad.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving