Pork and Bramley Bake
This one-pot supper is perfect for families. The magical combination of pork and Bramley turns a simple supper into a real treat. Plus, using only one pot reduces the washing up, so everyone should be happy!
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 35 – 40 minutes
- 450g washed potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 small red onions, sliced into wedges
- 4-8 whole cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g (approx 3) Bramley apples, cored and sliced into wedges
- 4 lean pork steaks
- 1 tbsp fresh sage leaves or 1 tsp dried sage
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC/400ºF/ Gas Mark 6. Place the potatoes, onion, garlic and oil in a large roasting tray or dish. Toss together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, then stir in the Bramley slices and lay the pork steaks on top. Season and sprinkle over the sage and then return to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the pork is golden and the Bramleys and vegetables are tender.
Serve with green vegetables.