Tuesday: Spaghetti Bolognese
Fondly known as Spag Bol, this is a real easy family favourite!
- 1lb/450g of Mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Beef stock cube
- 1 dessertspoon of tomato sauce
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 dessertspoon of flour
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- Optional- chopped mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, sweetcorn, carrots
- 8 oz of spaghetti
- Cook the mince, onions and mushrooms on a dry pan at a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir well.
- Add the water and before it comes to a boil add the crushed beef stock cube, tin of tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Cook gently for 45 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti for 10-15 minutes in boiling salted water. Strain the spaghetti.
- Serve with the Bolognese sauce on top.