Monday: Chicken Pesto Pasta
This is delicious, simple and full of flavour!
- 3 tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 4 bacon rashers, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 large chicken fillets, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of pesto (it is important to use a good quality pesto)
- 500g cooked pasta
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the bacon and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic and chicken and cook gently for 10-15 minutes until the onion has softened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the pesto and combine. Depending on the pesto used the sauce may be a little dry, if so add some more oil or a dash of milk if required.
- Add pasta and mix well, serve immediately with grated parmesan cheese.