Saturday: Pork Steak with Pesto and Parma Ham serve with roast potatoes and seasonal vegatables
This is a delicious recipe for pork fillet, easy enough for a midweek dinner and fancy enough for a dinner party! The Parma ham keeps the pork moist and it looks great when sliced to serve.
- 6-8 slices of Parma ham
- 2 pork fillets, trimmed of fat
- 2 large teaspoons good quality pesto
- Preheat oven to 200oC.
- Lay 3 or 4 slices of Parma ham side by side on a board, slightly overlapping. Place a pork fillet on top. Using a sharp knife make a slit down the length of the pork about an inch deep. Spread a teaspoon of pesto into the opening.
- Lift the Parma ham slices at one end and wrap over pork.
- Roll until the pork is completely wrapped in the ham. Repeat for the other pork fillet.
- Wrap the 2 fillets in tin foil and place on a baking tray.
- Roast for 30 minutes; uncover for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Cut the pork into inch thick slices and serve with apple sauce, potatoes and vegetables of your choice.