Friday: Ham and Cheese Pasta Bake
A very tasty way of using up your delicious left over ham!
- 500g of farfalle pasta (or a different sort if you would prefer)
- 50g of Butter
- 50g of plain flour
- 500ml of milk
- 140g of thickly cut cooked ham
- 140g of grated cheddar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C or Gas Mark 6
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions, then drain.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Slowly stir in the flour. Then gradually stir in the milk until you have a lump free sauce.
- Increase the heat and bring the sauce to bubble so that it thickens a little.
- Stir in the ham and most of the cheese. Add in the salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the pasta and the sauce in a large oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.