Tuesday: Warm Chicken Salad with mango dressing
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- Handful salad leaves per person
- 1 mango, sliced
- Handful seedless black grapes
- 50g cashew nuts
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- Handful of basil leaves
- 1 tablesp. rice vinegar
- 4 tablesp. olive oil
- Salt, black pepper and a pinch of sugar
- The absolutely best way is to roast a whole chicken with lots of garlic cloves, a few sprigs of rosemary, lemon wedges stuffed into the cavity and seasoned with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook until the juices run clear. Then an hour or two later, take the meat off the bone and make the salad. If you haven’t time to roast a chicken then you can just grill a few chicken breasts, slice them up and make the salad.
- Start with the dressing, put all the dressing ingredients in the processor, give it a quick whiz, taste for seasoning.
- Coat the salad leaves in a little of the dressing, arrange the leaves on individual plates or in one large bowl. Add the sliced mango, grapes, nuts and chicken. Drizzle over the dressing and serve with some nice bread.