Christmas Tips From Experienced Irish Butchers
Enjoy a Gleeson Butchers Christmas filled with tradition, value and quality you can trust.
We work hard all year to source you the best quality fresh Irish meats, but we take the job of sourcing you the perfect Christmas turkey and ham particularly seriously.
So many families, including our own have been trusting us for their Christmas fare since we opened back in 1962, which is why you can continue to trust us as your local Irish butchers.
Whether you’re planning a festive banquet or just inviting a few friends over, we have lots of ideas and would be delighted to help. We work with only the best suppliers to bring you the best of everything. Please don’t hesitate to ask any of our team if you have any questions or a special request.
Our delicious cocktail sausages can be baked in the oven and are ready in no time! If you’re looking to make them that little bit special, toss them in a spoon of honey and a spoon of wholegrain mustard! Really delicious!
You can always wrap the cocktail sausages in some Gleesons streaky bacon to make another really tasty party treat.
We also have the old party favourites chicken goujons and chicken wings without sauce or in sauces for you to serve.
Our traditional spiced beef works great simply served as a bruschetta with cream cheese on toasted crusty bread.
Don’t forget to pick up the ingredients for a delicious traditional family breakfast for over Christmas!! You should try our award winning sausages, rashers and puddings. We make them in store every day! We have award winning flavoured, turkey and gluten free sausages available if you’re looking for something a little different.
Get organised and order it now!
We understand that some people are expert at choosing and cooking the right Turkey for them but it’s not that easy for everyone!! Sometimes it’s hard to get your head around what’s right for you and your family. You can choose from Turkey breast, Turkey crown, Boned and Rolled Turkey, Full Turkey, Free Range Turkey or Bronze Turkeys! It can be very confusing so please ask if you need some help choosing!
All of our Turkeys can be ordered with or without Gleeson’s famous homemade stuffing.
Gleeson Butchers Turkeys come with a handy pop up timer so you’ll know exactly when the turkey is cooked.
Delicious, award winning hams are available in a size to suit you and yours. Our team have a wide selection of hams available. As well as our more traditional hams, our award winning, delicious home cured ham is cooked by very simply baking it in the oven! We have a honey and brown sugar option which is delicious and cooked in a bag simply by placing it in the oven.
Because people have been ordering their Turkey and Ham together for years we offer Turkey and Ham hampers where customers can get what’s right for their family and make some savings for themselves!
Don’t forget to order enough for some delicious Turkey & Ham sandwiches later that night!!
We have lots of options available in Gleesons including our homemade stuffing, a wide variety of vegetables and potatoes and other Christmas favourites like cranberry sauce, gravy, ham glaze, goose fat and sausage meat!
To make sure your meat is prepared, stored and cooked properly this Christmas we have pulled together some hints and tips.
- Food that needs to be refrigerated should be put in the fridge as soon as possible after purchasing. The temperature of your fridge should be 0°C – 5°C degrees.
- Raw meats must be kept separate from cooked or ready-to-eat food, it is best to store raw meat on the bottom shelf of your fridge.
- It’s not recommended that you wash a turkey in running water as it may splash bacteria around your kitchen. Instead use wet kitchen towel to wipe the turkey, dispose of it immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- Follow the cooking instructions on the packaging. To ensure that meat is cooked thoroughly, the core temperature should be brought to 75°C. This will kill any bacteria present. The core is taken as the thickest part of the meat. You could invest in a good food thermometer for this purpose. All Gleeson Butchers Turkeys come with their own timer so you’ll know when they are cooked.
- To give you some idea of how long cooking your turkey will take we recommend 50-60 minutes per kilo plus 20 minutes extra at 180C.
- If you are cooking a stuffed turkey you need to make sure that the centre of the stuffing has reached a temperature of 75ºC or above.
- Following cooking, food which will not be eaten straight away should be cooled as quickly as possible, refrigerated and used within 2-3 days. Don’t overload the fridge with warm food as this will raise the temperature of the fridge.
- Leftovers can be reheated as long as they are piping hot before serving. Leftovers should only be reheated once. You can find more information at www.fsai.ie
Enjoy a Gleesons Christmas this Year!
We are looking forward to playing our part in making sure that you all have a wonderful Christmas. Our team would be delighted to help you so please pop in, give us a call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org