Barbecued Chicken with Harissa Dressing
You can buy ready prepared Harissa but it is no comparison to the flavour of homemade – see how easy it is to prepare
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablesp. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 red pepper, roasted, skin removed and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3-4 chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 teasp. ground cumin
- 1 teasp. ground coriander
- Handful coriander leaves
- 4 tablesp. olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- An hour or two ahead if possible place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Pour over the lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning.
- Grill or barbecue until fully cooked.
- To make the dressing: Put all the ingredients in a food processor. Process to form a thick sauce. Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for at least a week.
Serve with the chicken, some steamed new potatoes and vegetables or salad.