Saturday: Creamy Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
with garlic, tomato puree and cream sauce
By Aisling Larkin
with garlic, tomato puree and cream sauce, finished with parmesan.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
450g penne pasta (whole-wheat is great)
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp fresh rosemary (optional)
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp tomato puree
1⁄2 tsp sugar
1 Gleeson Butchers roast chicken (cooked and diced into chunks)
25g parmesan cheese
25g fresh basil
1. Put the pasta on to boil. Peel and dice the onion and garlic.
2. Warm the oil gently in a pan and slowly allow the onion and garlic (and rosemary if using) to saute for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the roast chicken from the bone and cut into chunks. Blitz or chop the chorizo to a fine crumb.
4. Add the chorizo crumb to the onion and garlic and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the pasta water.
6. Add the pasta in to the pan, stir in the tomato puree, sugar and cream. Add in the cooked chicken chunks. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. If the sauce is too thick add a little of the pasta water.
7. Serve in warm bowls garnished with fresh parmesan and shredded basil.